My first ever baby/toddler recipe (this totally counts as a recipe right?)! I had some squished raspberries (being the clever person I am I dumped a bunch of heavy crap on top of them in a shopping bag) that had also semi frozen in the bottom of our fridge because our fridge likes to think certain areas of it are a freezer (I’m so good at adulting). I had originally planned to microwave them and mix into a porridge but some how I came up with an idea so good that both of my kids ate most of it. It took me a total of 5 minutes and that included faffing of a high degree and tripping over various animals and kids.
You’ll need a small, microwave safe ramekin, this was once a Pots and Co Salted Caramel and Chocolate pot. Either that or a small microwavable bowl like the Nuby SureGrip (which sucks at sticking to what I want it to but its microwave AND oven safe which is so bloody handy!)
- Porridge oats
- Raspberries (or any fruit really, berries or apples and pears work best though)
- Demerara Sugar (optional)
- Put a small handful of porridge oats in a microwave proof bowl with a splash of milk (I don’t measure but enough to cover the oats, more if you want it sloppier for younger babies) and microwave until it starts to bubble (about 20 seconds depending on how much you make).
- Leave to cool whilst you do the next step.
- Pop the raspberries in the ramekin and add a very small splash of water, a tea spoon will be more than enough.
- Microwave for about 15-20 seconds or until the fruit has softened and the juices are flowing
- Spoon the porridge on top of the fruit and top with some oats and a sprinkling of demerara sugar.
- Leave to cool a bit and check the temperature before feeding etc etc. You know the drill.
That’s it! Takes minutes and will make you feel like you have your shit together all before 9am (probably way earlier…)