This Spinach and Feta Puff Pasty Tart has been a firm meat free favourite in my family for years. I think my Grandma was the first to make it as part of a Christmas dinner and it quickly became a favourite and highly requested childhood family meal (which is also super easy so huge bonus there).
// Puff Pastry (I used to ready rolled boxes you find in supermarkets)
// Spinach (fresh or frozen work just as well)
// Feta Cheese
// Grated Cheddar or Gruyere Cheese
- Take the pastry out of the fridge and un roll onto a baking sheet
- Cook and spinach and turn the oven on to pre heat at 180 degrees
- Prick the pastry with a fork and drain the spinach.
- Spread the spinach evenly onto the pastry
- Crumble the Feta on on top of the spinach and top with the grated cheese
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until pastry is golden and cooked through
Kid friendly, meat free and even Eloise who is a fussy eater x1000, likes it and Lily had it as soon as she was weaning although I didn’t give her too much of the feta as it’s a little salty. I normally serve with boiled or roast potatoes or go all out and chuck on some stuffing, mash, roast parsnips, basically all the trimmings and then a shit load of gravy.