Ever wondered what can be done with pouches of baby food other than the obvious? For some reason it took me over a year to finally have a light bulb moment and combat fussy eaters whilst packing as much veg into my girls’ food as I can.
Pasta sauce particularly is a hard one, I don’t know about you but 90% of the time I cannot be bothered to make a sauce from scratch that only Lily will be eating and the it occurred to me – I can use baby pouches!
This is a little Mac & Cheese type concoction I whipped up for Lily’s lunch. Normally I make my own cheese sauce but as Lily is the only one eating this as the fussy one was at school, I decided to wing it and give this a go.
// Pasta (I’m using Tesco Soup Pasta here)
- Cook the pasta as you would normally and drain
- Squeeze the pouch of Babease Butternut Squash, Carrot and Broccoli into a pan and heat it up
- Mix in the cheese and take off the heat
- Pour in the pasta and mix it all up
- Leave to cool slightly before giving it to baby