January was a strange old month that seemed to go on forever but I am excited for February and the fact that the weather seems to be picking up now! I love the winter but I must admit, I am super excited for the spring! And the fact I won’t need to fanny about with giant photography lights out every time I want to take blog photographs. I didn’t set any monthly goals for December or January (although I did set myself some 2018 goals) month because I just didn’t seem to find the time. Not only that but I pretty much failed all of November’s goals because we moved house which turned everything on it’s head! I’ve kind of cheated because I’ve spent so long writing this that I’ve completed a few already so at least this month won’t be a complete fail haha!
01. Make a channel trailer for my YouTube – I started that channel over 5 years ago now and not once has it had a channel trailer so I thought it was about time I got my editing hat on and chucked something together. I’m always one to put at least one completed task on a to do list of any kind so naturally, I’ve already done this one. It makes me feel productive to at least be able to tick at least one of the goals off at the end of the month, haha!
02. Hit 2,000 followers on twitter – I feel like this may be a bit of a cop out because I’m not that far off 2k already, I think I’m about 45 away…2,ooo is doable, right? We shall see.
03. Organise my socials – By this I mean update e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. I suck at keeping up to date with Pinterest especially and I desperately need to organise my boards. YouTube is also in dire need of nicer cover images and I need to update my profile picture because Lily is literally like 1 year old in the one I have at the moment, that’s how old it is! I think this one of many goals that is going to roll over to next month too because I am SO BEHIND.
04. Make more vegan choices – At the end of last year one of my November goals was to go vegan for one day a week and thus, Vegan Wednesday was born. I’m bringing it back but switching it up so be more widespread across my meals. This shouldn’t be particularly hard because I was brought up a vegetarian. I have decided to choose vegan products where possible, for example, I buy a lot of Quorn Pieces and Quorn Mince so switching those up for the vegan ones and choosing margarine instead of butter, etc. I’ve been posting my vegan meals here and there on my Instagram Stories so head over there to have a look see.
05. Buy a new lens for my Canon – Me and Ben are camera whores and between us I’d hate to think how many we own. I own mostly Polaroids and film cameras but I mainly use Ben’s Nikon D3100 and my Canon 600D these days. I really love my Canon but I only have the standard kit lens that hasn’t auto focused in years and as much as I love it, it doesn’t do everything I want. I am forever taking photos on 2 cameras and switching the Nikon lenses about for a telephoto lens and back again but there is only so far away you can stand in a bedroom haha! I have been lusting over a nifty fifty lens for ages and this is the month I get one.
06. Make covers for my highlights on Instagram – I’ve only just got on the highlight bandwagon and I have a total of one highlight, haha! It’s a #timetotalk one so it’s a good ‘un but I want to add some for bits like home ed, beauty, random shit and so on.
07. Start sticking to a blogging schedule – At the moment I post whenever I feel like it but I really feel that sticking to a schedule will help me divide my time a lot better (and it will also look much nicer in my bullet journal, haha!)
What are your goals for February?