Whether you’re a beauty blogger, lifestyle blogger, book blogger, parenting blogger, a new blogger or an established blogger; writers block can through a huge spanner in the works at the best of times but fear not, it happens to the best of us. I bet Charles Dickens and Emily Bronte had their fair share of writers block in their time and it can be mighty frustrating.
I tend to come up with my post ideas randomly jot the titles down in my drafts (I have 143 drafts right now…yeh I know). This means I do tend to have a lot of things I work on here and there but even still, I do find myself with writers block now and again. I have a habit of getting bored of the post I’m writing so start on another and some days I just really don’t feel any of my drafts at all and come to a bit of a lack of inspiration induced writing stand still.
I have turned to other posts like this to give me some much needed inspiration whenever I’m really stuck in a blogging rut so I’ve compiled a list of 50 blog post ideas for beauty bloggers in the hope I can reignite somebody else’s writing flame and get the words flowing again!
01. Monthly Favourites – these types of posts are my favourite, I started doing them not long after I started blogging and I love them!
03. Bedside Essentials
04. Pick Me Ups – Beauty products sure to lift your out of that hungover or sleep deprived state.
05. What’s in my Bag – another fave of mine. I’m basically just a nosy bitch.
06. Current Skincare Routine – this is one I have done a fair few times over the years.
07. Winter/Summer Skincare Saviours
08. FOTD (Face of the Day)
09. Your everyday make up routine – this can end up being more than one blog post as you chop and change products.
11. Vegan Product Round-Up
12. DIY Face Mask
13. New Additions – talk about any new products you’ve purchased lately.
14. High End Dupes – my MAC lipstick dupes are my highest viewed posts!
15. Your haircare routine
16. Pamper Essentials
17. Your favourite beauty bloggers or Youtubers
18. Tips for starting a beauty blog – talk about some of the things you’ve discovered over your time blogging
19. Your make up routine, then and now – maybe do a comparison of how you did your make up say, at school and how you do it now. These posts are always interesting and slightly hilarious.
20. Holy Grail Products – talk about all of your must have items that you adore!
21. Your best beauty tips – these may be products or just tips you’ve picked up along the way.
22. Travel Beauty Essentials
23. Whats in my Make Up Bag – a classic, you can never go wrong with a good “What’s in my Bag?” post
24. Empties – post about things you’ve used up, what did you think? Will you be repurchasing them?
25. Shop your beauty stash – have a look through your beauty products and pick some bits you’d forgotten about to create a new make up look or find old favourites.
26. Wishlist – post about products currently on your wishlist.
27. Make up or skincare haul – hauls are always good! Make up, skincare, Lush products, anything!
28. Face Mask Round-Up
29. How to combat with break outs/dry skin/redness
30. Brand Faves – talk about a selection of products from a particular brand that you love
31. Products you’re trying to use up
33. How you organise your make up
34. How you set up your flatlays
35. Your favourite blog props
36. Your morning/evening skincare routine
37. Bathroom shelfie/bedside table
38. Your foundation routine – the whole hog, how do you prime, apply and set your base
39. Current bath/shower picks
40. Favourite essentials with a twist – instead of talking about your essential make up talk about your essential essentials e.g your fave deodorant, toothpaste, shaving/waxing products, hair brush, etc.
41. Beauty hacks
42. Blogger hypes – talk about your tried and tested most hyped products in a round up
43. £20 make up challenge – create a full make up look for under £20
44. Your haircare routine/ how you style your hair
45. Your favourite hair products
46. Highlighter/foundation/concealer round up
47. Travel make up – what are your must have items for travelling?
48. Product reviews
49. Products you didn’t like – it’s always good to give positive and negative feedback. You don’t always have to talk about the products you love.
50. Make up bag staples