How is it April already? How is the weather still so shit?! Anyway, here I am another month running listing all of my goals for this month to help me remain focused (if there is one thing I need help with, that is to remain focused). If something isn’t written down there is a 99% chance I will forget so these posts are really helping my brain act like a brain. Haha!
01. Read more – I have been meaning to put my phone down and read more books. I’ve just stared My not so Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella which is the book we are reading for the book club I’m part of on Instagram and I have bought The Cow by Dawn O’Porter too. Oh, and I really want to read Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman because everyone is raving about it at the moment and I just get sucked in when it comes to make up and book related ravings so I have a good few I want to get through and I’m excited! I’ve also actually started using Goodreads! Only took me like 7 years of having the account.
02. Game more – I see a theme developing. I’m trying to step away from blogging, okay not step away but make more time for other things too. I’m trying to assign times to just do something other than stare at a laptop screen and well, stare at a TV screen and kill shit instead. A bit of Skyrim maybe, I have the new Tomb Raider game which I really want to play too, maybe BioShock or Wolfenstein II who knows. Ben runs his own gaming website and does various game review type shiz and he got sent an XBOX Games Pass thing so we have a fuck load of games to choose from now and I’m excited!
03. Work on the art gallery wall – we have a wall along our hallway that we are turning into a little art gallery full of photos, illustrations, general arty stuff and I really want to have a good search online for some bits to display on there. I can’t wait for this to be finished because I love it already!
04. Plan my upcycling projects – I have a bunch of furniture that I plan on upcycling once the weather picks up (mainly so I don’t have to paint inside) and I really need to actually plan what colour I want to paint what. I have a gorgeous welsh dresser, a dressing table, a vintage set of drawers, a fire surround and our dining table so far on the painting list. I highly doubt I will get all of that done this month but I want to at least start planning it so I don’t end up either not doing it or rushing it once the sun makes an appearance.
05. Declutter, declutter and declutter some more – I’ve been watching my babe @ar_mu on Instagram and her #OperationDeclutter and I’ve been inspired to sort out my own shit hole because apparently my decluttering wasn’t good enough when we were moving house because I still have a tonne of shit I don’t need. I went through mine and Ben’s clothes the other day and got rid of 4 bin bags full so this month is dedicated to spring cleaning the FUCK out of my house.
06. Write a flare up plan – After reading From, Sarah Lex‘s post about her flare up plan I thought it was a fantastic idea because I really, really suck at pacing myself and always regret it. I think having a written plan of action could really help me.
07. Make some Instagram templates – Yep, jumping on that bandwagon. I’ve been meaning to make some for a while but I just haven’t got round to it.
08. Make pinable photos from my blog posts – This is going to be one hell of a job because I think I have about 300 and something posts….Yeh probably not going to do one for all of them.
09. Start writing in my Happiness Planner* – I was sent a beautiful planner a little while ago and I am itching to get writing but I keep running out of hours in the day but now it’s officially a goal I may actually get a chance to start filling more of it in!
Fingers crossed I can mange all these because so far I’ve managed to smash pretty much all of my goals so far this year so I’m bound to fuck up somewhere soon, haha.
What are your goals this month?