I love this time of year, the excitement of the Summer creeping closer and although I love the cosiness of Winter, it feels like an age ago and I’m well and truly ready for some sun! The bright mornings when you wake up with the morning sun spilling through the curtains and the smell of the summer night air 100% does it for me and I’m so excited! I’m also so excited to be seeing you guys get inspired by these posts (I was inspired by Kate La Vie!) and started your own! Spread the inspiration guys! Check out this post from Lucie Loves It, those stats tho!
01. Make the most of the sunshine – If the weather forecast is correct then we are due some sun this week, fucking finally! Lily has been bored as hell being stuck in the house because of the rain and she’s be an utter nightmare if the truth be told. Looking now we have a good week of semi decent weather and I want to get outside with the kids and just enjoy it. God knows I need some vitamin D to help combat SAD and send it packing on the fuck off train to get fucked.
02. Buy the girls some summer clothes – The kids have a tonne of clothes but naturally they have loads of one thing and have hardly any of another which means I need to have a big sort through and get them some new bits and pieces. I am really loving the summery clothes coming out this season, especially H&M and Next! Next really haven’t done it for me kids clothes wise for ages so I’m super excited for all the lovely bits in there at the moment!
03. Get a bit more creating with Insta stories – While I love having a good unedited moan on my stories I do like posting a lot of photos too. I really want to try and jazz them up a bit, not all of them because I want to keep the “insta” in my instastories but here and there I want to include some pretty, thought out posts that would ordinarily not get posted. I have missed playing around on photoshop and there is only so much you can do to a regular old photograph so this feeling like it could be a lovely creative outlet for me!
04. Start Slimming World – Since having Lily I’ve found it super hard to lose weight, well, I say that but I haven’t actually actively tried to lose any weight because I figured I’d get lucky like I did after Eloise and drop the weight whilst doing absolutely fuck all. That was apparently wishful thinking because I’ve lost hardly anything and quite frankly, I’m fucking sick of not of my clothes fitting over my arse. Slimming World seems like the best option because it appears to be the least restricting. I always avoid actual diets because they trigger me too much but Slimming World seems to be about healthy eating more than anything and although I’m not officially “overweight” according to my BMI, I don’t feel like myself at this weight.
05. Take more photos – Now the weather is picking up and the blossom is out there are so many photo opps I don’t want to miss so I’m making it a goal in the hope it’ll kick me up the arse enough to get my camera out.
06. Buy some plants for the garden – I want a garden full of life, especially during the summer! I really want a lovely wisteria up the side of the wall to encourage the butterflies although I will need to wait a bit to plant that but I also want to plant some strawberry plants before it’s too late and some roses and other pretty bits and bobs too. Basically I want to plant everything. I absolutely want a little magnolia tree too but that may have to wait for now because I’m afraid a little sapling will get annihilated by the kids. Maybe an apple tree too because I adore apple blossom. Ben came home today with a sweet pea plant, 2 lavender plants and a little pepper plant so I’ve already started this one!