This month has been intense! With GDPR dominating my life for the past 2 weeks I honestly had to check back over my May 2018 Goals blog post to even remember what I challenged myself to do last month. Turns out I didn’t manage most of them but I have been working so hard on my blog this month so it’s not all bad!
This months goals…
01. Stop trying to be super woman – All I have done this month is work, home ed, cook, clean, breastfeed all night then work some more. I love blogging. So much, and reflecting back on how far me and my little old blog have come over the last year despite various, giant, bullshit hurdles just makes me a little bit smiley and a little bit proud of myself. But this month I’m making the effort to get the fuck off here and get out the damn house, I’m not super woman and I can’t do everything at once. Hardly going anywhere is also shitting up my anxiety about going out again so basically, this is my kicking myself up the arse.
02. Organise the kitchen – The cupboard organisation in my kitchen does my head in SO MUCH. We threw things in the cupboards willy nilly when we moved in and everything is in an annoying place and me and Ben are falling over each other in there constantly dancing around at various shelves that have zero organisation.
03. Actually bloody start my up-cycling projects – I keep finding cute furniture that I buy with the intention of doing it up only to then not do anything with it. I think this has been my goal before so that just goes to show how much I’ve been slacking. I picked up some of those paint cards in B&Q today so I’ve got further than I did the other month so at least there’s that I guess.
04. Buy myself some new clothes – Since being a Mum (so 8 whole years) I’ve really, really, neglected my wardrobe. Not only that but most of my clothes are a size 6 or 8 and basically, I’m too fat to fit in 90% of my old clothes so it’s about time I treat my post second baby body to some clothes that fit over my arse properly.
05. Hit 1300 on Instagram – I have been teetering between 1280 and 1296 for what seems like ages now and quite frankly it’s annoying, haha! I think anyone who has Instagram will agree the fluctuation of follows and unfollows is frustrating at the best of times.
06. Buy more house plants – I love having lots of lovely plants around the house, I really want to get my hands on a Monstera and a Ceropegia woodii. I just think they are so interesting looking!
07. Buy a damn rug – I tweeted a while ago about this because I’m indecisive as hell and couldn’t decide which one I liked best so I ran a poll like any indecisive person on twitter does and even then I couldn’t decide. I *think* my fave is the La Redoute one for the bedroom, I don’t think the fluffiness would cope in the living room what with the amount of Playdoh that’ll get trampled into it. I do think it would look amazing in our living room though, but on the other hand I kind of want to go for a really, unique, statement Persian rug but all the ones I love are the best part of a grand so many I should just stick with the La Redoute one, haha!
I think I’m going to leave it at that for this month, after bossing my goals for the first couple of months as I’ve got more work I’ve been slacking on them…a lot. I feel like I’ve been at my computer every spare minute I get and hopefully these goals will help me step away from that a bit. We shall see!