I’m sucking at getting these goal posts out at the beginning of the month lately and I need to get my shit together really. I’m already a week late as I write this so I’m guessing I’m going to be even later when this finally goes up. I feel like the heat is making me run on go slow mode, it’s like I’m actually as melted as I feel and my motivation is slugging along the floor like a melted Flake 99 on the pavement – pure disappointment and a little bit sticky…Nice.
01. Buy a Monstera – This goal slipped through the net last month so I’m bringing it forward to this month because I really freaking want a Monstera plant!
02. Get my design shit together – I’ve been doing little bits of art and design stuff on the side for a bit now, logos for people right through to watercolours and I really want to make a bigger go of it. An all or nothing shot if you get me. I mean, I’m finally using my media qualifications so I may as well go the whole hog right? I’ve always loved art and 4 year old me would be chuffed with me for pursuing this.
03. Toast marshmallows and make s’mores with the kids – I was sent a beautiful VonHaus copper 2 in 1 BBQ from Domu which can be used as a firepit too and I’m dying to sit in the garden in the evenings and toast marshmallows with the girls. That’s probably super sad but I would have loved that so much as a kid and I want to make the most of having a garden this year! Might even have a full on BBQ with some good old burgers and kebabs. We have some amazing looking vegan burgers from Nutree Life I really want to try!
04. Seriously get my act together with the upcycling stuff I want to do – I keep putting this off and this heatwave would have been perfect for me to leave stuff to dry in the garden. I’m planning on at least starting my table this month before it’s too late in the year and the weather goes back to rain, rain, and more rain. Someone virtually smack me if I’ve not done this.
05. Reach 1400 on Instagram – Is it just me or is Instagram really hard to grow? I managed to reach last months goal so how so I’m hoping I can gain another 40 to reach this one too. That’d doable? Right? Someone go follow me, haha!
06. Kickstart my Etsy – I’m going to start selling my art over on Etsy hopefully, this month but I need to take stock photos first which could take some time because I need to actually paint the bloody things to do that. Someone pray for me.
I’m going to stop there because I think those will keep me on my toes this month and I fear I’ve bitten off more than I can chew but we shall see. Hopefully, this will keep me on task!