Halloween is just around the corner and I have been trying to incorporate some fun, themed activities for both of the kids to do in the run-up to the big day. We have a Halloween party with ARTventurers booked for Lily, lots of tuff tray activities, we are going pumpkin picking and plan on visiting one of our local NT properties for their annual Halloween trail! One of the activities I planned was to be extra and make a bunch of sweetie cones for trick or treaters. Mainly in the hope, we get hardly any so we can just eat the sweets ourselves but me and Eloise put these together whilst Lily was napping and it was just really lovely spending some one on one time with her.
Halloween Sweetie Cones
What you’ll need:
– Sweets (I got mine from Wilkos and Aldi)
– Sweetie Cone bags
– Curling ribbon
– Small party favours (glow sticks, witches fingers, fangs etc)
01. Wash your hands – And any kids hands that may be helping. No one wants your germs for Halloween.
02. Organise the sweets – I sorted the sweets out a bit so some of them don’t have things like love hearts or the round chocolate eyeballs for the smaller kids although I’m sure their parents will go through them and remove anything that may not be suitable for their child. We also got some plastic Halloween favours for children that perhaps have allergies or aren’t allowed, regular sweets.
03. Fill the sweetie cones bags evenly – Pack the bottom with marshmallows or the bigger sweets to get more band for your buck and fill more bags up.
04. Twist up the bags and tie with curling ribbon
05. Stick on any stickers or decorations!