The lovely Lisa from Oh Luna tagged me to do this post! I love these tags, I have been up to my eyeballs in gift guides the past few weeks so this has made for a nice change! There is nothing I love more than baby names, well, there probably is but I do love looking at all the beautiful names and my future baby name list is forever growing and to be quite honest, it’s probably getting a bit out of control. There are so many names I love and realistically I’m not going to be able to use them all unless I have a kid with about 10 middle names or completely and utterly destroy my vagina popping out 10 more babies and although I would love to have a family that big, realistically, that ain’t gunna happen. Anyway, I have rambled for long enough so on with the tag!
THE RULES ARE
1. List these rules in your post, so that everyone is clear on what to do!
2. Answer the questions and tag at least 3 other people ( don’t have to have children to join in)
3. Tag whoever nominated you and their link.
ON WITH THE TAG!
1) If you had a baby tomorrow, what would you call them? Boy&Girl?
Well, I don’t want to just give out my top names because I still want to use them but the first name I absolutely fell in love with and was planning on calling my first girl was Ophelia. I still love it but people have ruined it for me with sexual innuendos. Bastards. For a boy, I think we have our actual favourite name picked out so I’m keeping that a secret but with Lily one of our favourites was Neo.
2) What would you rename yourself keeping your same first initial?
I can’t really think of many other names beginning with G that aren’t already basically my name. I think I would go with Grace though, I love the name and it was one of the top contenders for me when I was pregnant with Eloise.
3) What would you have been/wish you had been called if you were the opposite gender?
I have no idea what I would have been called if I was a boy although it would have probably been something quite traditional.
4) Favourite Vintage Baby Name for boy and girl?
I love vintage baby names! Ottilie is my current favourite for a girl and it would be on our actual list if Ben didn’t have such annoying taste. For a boy I love the name Theodore, Theo was on my list for Eloise, it’s such a lovely name. That and Edward but shortened to Ted or Arthur shortened to Art.
5) Favourite Nature Baby Name for boy and girl?
Lily Rose, obvs. I also loved Hazel, Wren and Primrose and our first, first choice for Lily was Amber Rain but apparently, that’s a porn star. For a boy, it would be Fox.
6) Favourite Blogger’s name and/or baby name?
Oooh, tough one. I love the name Elin, Georgina Clarke’s little girl. I think it’s such a lovely, unique name!
7) Favourite Literary Name?
Ophelia. Good old Shakespeare.
8) Favourite O Name that isn’t Oliver or Olivia?
Ottilie. Definitely Ottilie. I’d have an Ottilie if Ben let me, maybe I can get him to agree to it as a middle name or something because it really is beautiful!
9) What did you wish you were called when you were younger?
I don’t think I ever did although I always wished I had a middle name.
10) What name would you/did you immediately VETO?
Any name that was shared by someone who was a dick. Turns out I know a lot of dicks.