We all went strawberry picking at our local farm the other day and obviously came back laden with enough strawberries to last us a lifetime so the past few days we have eaten a lot of them! We were down to the last quarter of a punnet so I decided to bake these cookies with them before they went over and I’m so pleased with how they came out!
a handful of fresh strawberries
140g plain flour
1/2 tsp of baking powder
2 tbsp of milk (plant milk or otherwise)
1 tsp vanilla essence
50g granulated sugar
50g light brown sugar
1 heaped tbsp of dairy free margarine
01. cream the margarine and the sugar together until light and fluffy. You can use and electric whisk for this if you like but a wooden spoon will work just as well
02. add the milk and vanilla essence and mix together
03. measure out the flour and baking powder and mix everything together.
04. wash and chop the strawberries and mix into the bowl.
05. It should begin to come together to form a dough. If it’s a bit too sticky, you can add more flour.
06. pre heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
07. roll the dough into individual balls about the size of a small plum.
08. place the balls of dough onto a greased baking tray and flatten the top of each ball and place the tray in the middle shelf of the oven.
09. bake the cookies for about 10 minutes or until the cookies turn golden brown on top.